Monday, November 29, 2004
remember that seinfeld episode

where elaine and jerry visited his parents in florida and it was hotter than the hammered down hinges of hell - and all elaine could ask is "WHY is it so hot in here?" this is my question for today.

it is approx. 84 degrees in this office. now that is too hot....for anyone. but especially for me ( and stacey ) it's just plain miserable in here - thank all that is good and cooling that i left my fan here and thought enought to realize that just because it's cold outside in the am, doesn't mean it's going to be cold inside - and dressed accordingly.

i also have a question about pine needles.

what is their purpose?

i must have raked 9 gabillion of them this weekend - and other than a convient place for my dog to take care of things - i don't see the point of them .... and i wrote a little something something about it.

Ode to the Pine Needle.
Oh needle, pine needle all brown and stiff and fallen
You mock me, lying on the ground -
come rake us up you're callin'.
I cannot mulch you with my mower
it's shiny and red and snappy
but to shred the needles - it's a no goer...
this makes me none too happy.
How i wish i knew the reason why you're here
or if from you i could make a beer.
but alas all i can do it rake until i get a blister...
until i make enough money
to get a bronze God like
lawn mister.
**
ok - that was weak and i know it - but im hot. leave me alone



posted by Allie @ 11/29/2004 03:25:00 PM
|

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Miss Demon Seed said...

You know I love a poem!!!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

"ok - that was weak and i know it - but im hot. leave me alone"

We KNOW you're hot. You don't have to brag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com