Monday, November 22, 2004
i'm grinning today

which is a excellent change of pace ... yay to me.

My Weekend...by Allison

Actually I think I'm gonna work backwards ...well, because i can and 4. because i want to. I overslept this morning - and turned out cute and on time to work anyway .. much to the thanks of some old U2 music, Squeeze ( sidebar: did y'all see the Bands Reunited on VH1 with them - glenn is still too too cute ), and Maroon 5. Then when i got to work and started checking journals and blogs ( instead of working - natch) my high school buddy gave me a little shout out - and you gotta love that...and and and - the coffee is brewing as we speak and my coffee buddy will make it just the way i like it ( i swear to all that is good and shiny - having lots of gay men in your life is a good thing ) .... it's a 3 day work week here at the beautiful agency - and in the Seinfeld logic .... i'm already here so today is really almost over and wednesday won't count cause you know no one will do any work ... so really it's a one day week.

ok, onto last night - that boy from last week called and thought he was going to be able to come over - um, lemme think on that one NO! He's been dismissed ..... no longer with us .... hit the road jack ..... and i'm sure when i get the coffee IN MY BELLY i'll have more things to say. But it was a night of Desperate Housewives ... and yakking on the phone - both of which i do enjoy....and sunday just plain rocked - i skipped church...went to go get all the stuff for the big feast on thursday .... then ran by sallys to get some girly stuff ... and of course i have the softest cutest feet ever now ( you know i have to wonder what the person that doesn't know me thinks i'm like from reading this blog ... a quasi depressed ... liberal... at times still boy crazy... musically stuck in the 80's .... girly girl - and while that's true there's so so so much more ... just an FYI ) Mike ( the dog) and i hung out all day and took it easy .... which was a really nice change of pace . but we did talk to stacey while she was having lunch with her brother ( and i ADORE her brother ) any man who make's a Christmas compilation CD for his friends ... gives himself a rap name for it ( Figgie Puddin') then has his picture taken with the santa at Nordstrom's complete with bike, shades, and style - yeah, he's ok with me.....

saturday was fun too, but ended with the ever present maternal guilt trip. it's a story that's too long and too personal to go into here - but let's say my mother requires LOTS of my free time -and when i don't do it .... the guilt kicks in - and at 34 - it still effects me - i know i need to move away - but with the house and the sucky job market and all - i don't know that i'll be able to anytime soon - but if anyone wants a 34 year old and her 3 year old shedding machine - let's talk ...

anyway ... sat am i met with mom to do some gallery hopping, which is always fun - and we were going to go for Thai food in the Ansley area ( sidebar - the name of the restaurant is "Bangkok" and it's right next door to a gay bar - draw your own conclusions) but it was only open for dinner so we went to the Vortex. While i love, adore,j'adore - that place - having a veggieburger and coke with your mom is WAY different than having a burger and a couple of pitchers of beer with your friends .. i'm just saying .... but it was fun nonetheless - then we did some more gallery hopping/christmas shopping and back to my house .......

then later christine and i went to dinner and shopping and to see the new Bridget Jones movie ... ok people say it with me COLIN FIRTH - good gookaly mookaly - he's pretty.

Friday was pretty light and low - but i got to yakk at wendy on the phone for a while - and we know how much i like the phone ....

Lauren's doing better - and honestly today - that's all i care about - so yay her..

************** AND AND AND *******************
I finally saw "saved" yesterday ... and i am indeed

Kickin It Jesus Style!

posted by Allie @ 11/22/2004 08:32:00 AM
|

8 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

DAMN thing finally lets me comment! Sheesh.

I love a good weekend. And I couldn't be happier that you are grinning!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

If I smoked, and we were picking Squeeze songs, Cigarette of a Single Man would be my theme.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Allie said...

you keep talking like that and i'm gonna get all crushed up on you again ... and me .. i'm a fan of black coffee in bed ... and up the junction

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Allie said...

wow - that sounded really dirty - and i wasn't going for that at all.. sorry y'all! :)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

Dirty. We like dirty. ;-)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Didn't MEAN to be dirty? This from the original Goodbye Girl.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Allie said...

the only thing good about the 2nd goodbye girl was that hootie ( yum, darius )did the music .... ah tiny, i'm glad you're back! yay you!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Umm...Sorry to interrupt the dirt fest...

Just wanted to say thanks for the apology, although it wasn't really necessary. Your comment really was funny, and I wasn't upset. I just wanted you to know I'm not stupid.

And I say bratty things (that are also hilarious) all the time, so I understand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com