Monday, November 29, 2004
The secret word

Do you remember the Pee-Wee Herman show ( what about the live stage show that preceeded the movies .... ) well, on the show they had a secret word of the day - and whenever someone said the word - everyone screamed. {sidebar - i have a talking peewee herman doll, yes - i'm that cool....and yes, if you don't crowd me in - i will pose for pictures and sign autographs}

anyhow, my point- and i do have one.

is that i got more sleep this weekend that i've gotten in MONTHS - and "it was good".

so the secret word is SLEEP

i had a very nice holiday weekend - and i'm now going to give you a moment by moment play by play breakdown of the long weekend.

actually i'm so NOT going to do that - but i'm pleased to report that it was a good weekend...by all measures and standards.

1. excellent thanksgiving meal
2. excellent family time - everyone got along
3. mike posed for christmas pictures (yes i'm that girl - and will post them later)
4. naps
5. we worked in the yard - and it's perfection right about now
6. i got my christmas tree and it's all decorated and beautimus
7. i lit a fire in the fireplace (duh), poured a glass of wine, and sat in the glow of the tree and of the fire in complete contentment. { when was the last time you were COMPLETLY content? i highly recommend doing what it takes to get there }
8. it was freezing cold here this weekend ( yay ) - and i took mike to the dog park and watched him romp = while i looked at the cute gay boys
9. hot tubbed it with friends this weekend - was fantastic
10. more naps

that is one good way to spend a weekend - and i'm feeling good, and strong, and funny, and smart - and that's a nice combo!

and b. my friends went on a women's retreat with my church and studied the enegram (sic ?) and i took my test -and came up as a 4 - a romantic ... these are their traits .... madley - does this sound accurate - for the traits at least..


The Romantic (4)

Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.

How to Get Along with Me
*Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.
*Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.
*Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.
*Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.
*Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!

What I Like About Being a Four
*my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
*my ability to establish warm connections with people
*admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
*my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
*being unique and being seen as unique by others
*having aesthetic sensibilities
*being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me

What's Hard About Being a Four
*experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
*feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
*feeling guilty when I disappoint people
*feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
*expecting too much from myself and life
*fearing being abandoned
*obsessing over resentments
*longing for what I don't have

Fours as Children Often
*have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original game s
*are very sensitive
*feel that they don't fit in
*believe they are missing something that other people have
*attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.
*become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood
*feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)

Fours as Parents
*help their children become who they really are
*support their children's creativity and originality
*are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
*are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
*are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed

i'm so scared/impressed at how on the money this one is for me WOW!

posted by Allie @ 11/29/2004 08:21:00 AM
|

8 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

The really cool part is that you ARE smart, strong, and funny. Neat, heh?

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

PeeWee's Big Adventure has been on HBO a couple of times recently- I can't not watch it. Also, Eminem's new song (Just Lose It) makes me think of PW.

Not sure how you went from a 3 to a 4, but keep up the good work.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Allie said...

tex, will you marry me. please. or at least make out for a while??

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Miss Demon Seed said...

I love Captain Kangaroo. I loved the ping pong balls. I watched PeeWee with my kids so I guess I've had the whole experience. Alli, glad everything was great for you. I want that completely content thing. I haven't been for about 15 years.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Miss Demon Seed said...

That reminds me of the Friends episode where Joey and Ross napped together. bwhahahahaha

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Hmmm, what to do, what to do? I'd sure like to get me some racktaculous snogging, but you should know I have REALLY tiny hands...

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Allie said...

oh my tiny friend. you know we'd be great together - big rack - small hands .... perfect combo! like shrimp and grits, bourbon and coke, chicken and waffles - it's perfect.

damn - now i'm hungry.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Madley said...

Yes, my dear -- a FOUR is right on the money for you. The enneagram is such a powerful tool and has many levels understanding. I will give you the "Four" Phrase soon and it will blow your socks off... and congrats for figuring it out! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com