Tuesday, November 30, 2004
blogger ate my post.

ok - now i have to try and remember what i wrote ... lemme think.

first of all i talked about today's music choices .... lyle lovett, james taylor covers, indigo girls, counting crows ... and something else - but at this point i've forgotten it.

i am drinking copious amounts of chai today - so i should be on a sugar and caffeine high soon - that's something to look forward to..if i concentrate i can already feel the twitch ... and you gotta love that right?

so i'm getting a cold. i would like for whoever is available to bring me egg drop soup and spring rolls please. i will share my sofa AND my hot tea with you ... you can sit on the sofa with me and look at my tree - it's BEAUTIMUS - and the lights blink - so if you stare at it long enough - it will make you lightheaded and that's worth the trip right?!?!

speaking of trips - but not really ... i'm starting to look for work in North Carolina. Asheville and surrounding area specifically ... i've always wanted to live in the mountains and it's been fear that's kept me from doing just that - and let's face it - that's bullshit.... so i'm slowing starting to look. I'm also looking at coursework at UNC Asheville. I have a BS degree already - but i'm considering a second degree or possibly a masters ... i just have to decide what i want to be when i grow up. I just know that i'm a smart kid - and i don't get to use my brain that much in this gig - and would like to challenge myself - i took that Human Resources certification course last winter - which was hard - but i liked the brainwork .... so that's something to look forward to.

oh oh oh - i do remember something - i realize that tiny is much funnier than me lately - i'maneed him to stop that.

posted by Allie @ 11/30/2004 09:23:00 AM
|

5 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Allie said...

asheville is in the western part of North Carolina ... it's beautimus - and no farther from chicago that here!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

James Taylor covers? YECCHH! Lyle Lovett? *perk* Good Intentions is my JAM! (Well, not 'jam' per se, but I loves it.)

An MBA with a management concentration would give you all the HR street-cred you could want. Now that I think about it, U of Houston has a decent management program...

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Miss Demon Seed said...

Hey Alli, good for you. I would love to get up the nerve to move. I think I wanna go live with beckita but only if Smashlee will join me.

Don't ya hate it when your blog attacks. Mine was really f'd up yesterday and I like to never fixed it.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Allie said...

as in ....


It's a sunny day in sunny california
But that old sun it's shining on me right here at home
It's one of those days
When those great ideas they just seem to fall out on you
And they always fall the greatest when you're falling all alone
It makes for a good day for some serious reflection
And massive rationalization
For contemplating the future of the future
And the last of the past
And wondering if you could ever forgive me darling
All the trouble that i put to you
And if i could forget all those questions
That i never asked
And if i could forgive
The temporary weight gain due to excess water retention
I could forgive the rest too
It's just a fact of life
That no one cares to mention
She wasn't good
But she had good intentions

...and so on ...

and gayan- the thought scares the crap outta me - but i'm trying to grow stones (metaphorically of course ) and do what makes me happy ... just promise that if you move to beks - that y'all will swing by and visit me first .... or just visit me anyway!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

While Houston is as frickin' hot as the inside of a pizza oven for a good portion of the year, I understand it's lower in in humidity than AT-lanta. So, I'd come visit you there. Feel free to enroll. I'll be along shortly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com