Monday, July 17, 2006
take 2

I had such a good blog entry written

I KNOW…and I wrote it in blogger, which I know is a rookie move, and I’m not a rookie in this game.

I thought about throwing the computer out the window – but I’m listening to Tex’s “picnic in the park” mix – and seriously, you can’t be all pissy listening to that - cause it’s that good. If you ever get the chance to listen, take it. You’ll feel better, trust me. It’s goodness. ( and no, I received no monetary or sexual {ew mister} compensation for this commentary)

I’m in such a good place lately, I made some great decisions and I’m just plain happy.

We like the happy allie, it’s goodness. It’s like CAKE kinda good….and as a fat kid, you can imagine how I feel about cake. ( and cake is making me think of bread, and mary, seriously – make me some. Not kidding )

And it was a happy allie day ‘in spite of” today. Some interesting things happening on the man front. I heard from a long lost friend last week … in the form of a card. So today on the way home, I took advantage of the ‘in network” free calling and set about a ringadingaling. Interesting, (and lola, you’re right of course) I hope he finds the happy again, cause that dude happy is quite fun. Then I came across some potentially interesting information about a recent friend. He couldn’t or wouldn’t be what I needed, and i guess i in turn wasn't what he wanted, ( can you imagine? me neither) so he’s totally free to look for someone who can be what he needs, but when you see it in black and white it can sting …. But again, back to the picnic mix – I defy anyone to feel shitty while listening to Jack Johnson, it just plain can’t be done. ( I can say I’m still not ready for ANY al green or most van morrison without going to the dark side … so no al or van – but they’ll be here when I’m ready)

So as my beloved mraz and friends say “I’m gonna keep on waiting for my yellows to change to greens”

Good times ahead…hell, good times here.

And now for something completely different.

Dear Sweet Girl.

I have wishes for you

Safe Travels
Good Road Food
Excellent Road Tunes
Happy Days
Giggly Nights
Beautiful Sunrises with coffee in hand
Amazing Friends
Cuddly Kitties
Trust in Yourself
That you see the AMAZING girl I see

Best of luck with the do-over. I’m right next to you every step of the way. And as ever, I’m in awe of you – don’t forget,

Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall
All you have to do is call,
and I’ll be there
yeah yeah yeah

You’ve got a friend.

posted by Allie @ 7/17/2006 08:53:00 PM
|

5 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

What they said!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Why doesn't the parkpicnicmix have any JT? This "Tex" guy sounds like an amateur.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

Thanks for the hot damn birthday wish girl :) Maybe someday my journies will lead me to your village....and we can get pampered together... peace out, inky

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Allie said...

amateur, virgin. whatever.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

am i ever wrong?...well, yeah, when it pertains to my own life, sure. i'm wrong quite a lot, however, when it comes to other folk i'm a regular nostradomas.

and i can't tell you how happy it makes me seeing, hearing, and knowing happy allie again! man, i love that girl. and don't think my foray into my fortress of artitude wasn't heavily influenced by one happy girl being face to face with her dreams and saying "yes, please." i couldn't have tackled the blank page with anything less, babygirl.

and sidenote to Sweet Girl: JT has got NOTHING on your girls. the shiner's cooling in the fridge...right next to the fixins for fattucini. all because of the love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com