Friday, May 26, 2006
so this summer...

I'm not even gonna try to tan.

Cause seriously, I can't do it. It's like quantum physics...as in I can't do that either.( and i'm not even sure that i spelled it right )

I know some people who can tan beautifully ( read: Stacey ) but me, I have 3 different skin shades.

1. Snow White (seriously, i'm SO white)
2. Painful lobster red
3. Peeling, and really, that's a dead sexy look

I'm normally so totally ok with my uber-paleness. I've even learned how to make it work for me, but somewhere around late april of every year, when it starts to get warm here in the deep south, the siren song of the tanned skin calls out to me. Most years I foolishly listen and start the summer off in a shade not unlike a homegrown mater.

But, not this year. This year, I'm surrendering to it. I'm pale, fair, pasty, whatever name you want for it. I'm not getting in a tanning bed, i'm not mystic orange tanning, i'm not putting on anything less that 45spf on when i'm outside at the pool, and no less that 30 for everyday wear ( just like everyday)... now june will be like january.

And i'm going to quit wishing for different.

Like Will Smith said in Men in Black, "I make this look good"

posted by Allie @ 5/26/2006 08:43:00 PM
|

3 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

i'm not sure i can be as strong against the siren song. i burned a retina on my veryownpersonal legs the other day.


and i can imagine how the rest of the world felt as they fled.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Allie said...

yes, but i've seen you in the summer, you DO actually tan.

me, not so much.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

This actually *is* about life. This is GOOD work, miss girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com