Sunday, July 02, 2006
Hundreds of pages pages pages forwards...(or for words)

Lot’s of words.

Looking like a wealth of understanding and knowledge in black and white on screen or on paper.

Thing is, they’re saying NOTHING.

I’ve spent a lot of time reading blogs these last few days. And, for someone who sometimes writes a blog – sometimes does more than a survey, or a list…. I really read very few of them. I have a few that I check out most everyday, but in all honesty, they are blogs of friends who I spend many hours with on the phone anyway…so not necessarily ‘new’ news in those for me.

I have spent much time skulking about different blog sites lately, modblog, blogger, myspace, yahoo 360…and reading many many blogs. It’s very interesting reading. It seems that for the most part, all of them seem to be written for the reader, and not for the writer. This seems like an ego-cluster fuck to me. I’m not sure why other than, it seems like a lie. It seems very contrived to me. It feels like many people have gotten out their dictionaries and strung together a series of impressive looking words….looking good, saying nothing.

I have a “paper” journal where I keep my deep, dark, ugly, “I’m not even sure “I” want to know them” thoughts, and I realize that this one is for public consumption – so I DO see the hypocrisy of this particular blog entry…..but many times I only write on here when “I” feel like it, instead of some obligation to the ‘public’. And I also think when I do write on here about real things it’s quite honest, too honest at times…maybe I should break out the dictionary and thesaurus this week and see if I can spark up the wordplay…have more flowery language and a frilly package, and less to actually say.

posted by Allie @ 7/02/2006 09:49:00 AM
|

4 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

Thesaurus: (noun) a very wordy dinosaur

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

"I" understand

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Miss Pickle said...

I wonder the very same thing...I write it for myself, but a lot of the time I worry what people will think...so is it REALLY for myself? Bah, either way...it gets the thoughts out of my head.

And flowery or not, I always love your words!

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Happy you're here and writing. Miss you! *smooch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com