Tuesday, February 22, 2005
tick tock. ding dong.

( warning - this is FULL of typo's)

so for no apparent reason i was thinking about watches last night. prolly because we had big time storms here and lost power for a while a couple of times last night and i had to go around the house setting clocks.

then i thought - it's a damn cool thing we don't have to reset watches like that - cause i have an ass load of watches .... seriously. an ass load, it's be measured and catagorized - you don't ask. i won't tell... and i have all kinds of watches - fron antique diamond and platinum, to your basic fossil watch, to a $1.99 n*sync watch ( and yes i still wear it so shut up .... lance, especially pre nose job is dumb as a box of hair - but cute )

I was thinking that you can tell a lot about a person by their watch ... moreso with men than women i think - generally cause women accessorize more than men, can wear men's watches without and issues and all that.....

* i know a guy who wears a GINORMOUS digital nightmare ( remember that scene in "singles" where the guy wanted to load up his watch with numbers? ... it's sorta like that) it's a watch/palm pilot/weater predictor/game boy/ woman repulsor .... at least we know with this model he's got limber fingers - at least on that one hand.

*i like to see if someone's watch matches their personality ... like my rock star friend - has a kick ass rock star watch - on me it would look a hot mess ... on her - it looks like she was born with it attached to her left wrist.

*i also think it's fun to wear your swankiest outfit - then wear a silly ass watch - like today - i have a suit on for work - i look all grown up and professional .... and i'm sporting a burger king Spongebob Squarepants watch ... and it makes me giggle.

* i tend to like extremes of watches on men - like a really amazing beautiful classic watch ( not some bling 'new money' crap ) but something classic or the silly spongebob variety ... i think for me it's the same as a classic or preppy man who has a tatoo that no one would know about unless he's nekkid ...... ( i need a moment - i love that image )

i think i have this watch issue cause my dad is a watch man - he's got a gabillion - and it's always a welcome gift at any given holiday ....



****************************************
new topic -

several of my blog buddies have recently encountered hate mail or hate comments - to the point where they have either changed blogs, taken them down completly, or made then private.... i used to have a disclaimer on this blog - and may have to put it back up ... but lemme make this clear ....

this is my blog - just as yours is yours. if i have an opinion you don't agree with - great - i have no problem with it .... that's corrected in the simplest of ways .... QUIT FUCKIN' READING.....or create your own blog and present your opinion. it is NOT appropriate to be hate filled or bash others ... believe me - there are people on this planet - and not just political leaders that i HATE - and i mean HATE .... if they were shot off into space never to be seen again - i would have NO problem with - and would do a happy dance for eternity .....

so you know what - i don't read their blog often - and i totally do not post on it - cause it's hers to be an idiot on .....

so if you hate what someone has to say - keep it to yourself - it's their site to do with what they want - and agree or not ... everyone is entitled to think what they think.

~and scene~

posted by Allie @ 2/22/2005 09:27:00 AM
|

7 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

Glad you survived the storm, sister. For some reason, I refuse to wear a watch -- haven't worn one for about 5 years. The very analytical, straight-laced fellow training me at work has a Mickey Mouse watch. It always makes me smile.

But not as much as you do.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

I'm a wristwatch lover, but you knew that. I just have the one, and I'm still waiting on you to buy me the platinum Tiffany Mark. Waiting.
---
My shoe guy (yes, I have my own shoe guy - bite on me) has a beautiful skeleton face Rolex, GIVEN to him by some Arab prince.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

Grrrrowl, an invitation to bite the Texan!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

thanks for saying your thoughts on hate mail, etc. i love my new home. and the great thing is the bastards at my work are furious cuz they have no one to bash in. yeah for inky! and all the underdogs blog wide :)

ps: i am a huge watch collector as well.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

i was just talking watches today too.

i have 4 count em, 4 that need new batteries. so what do i do?

yes ma'am. i buy 2 new ones. one for me and one for Husband for "Get Lucky Day". that way i can ask him if its time to "get LUCKY?!?!?!?!"

i'm 'mantical like that.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Madley said...

I LOVE what you said about watches and accessorizing! I wish I could wear watches again... but I can barely stand any jewelry on me anymore (okay, hoop earrings every now and then) -- hell, I can't stand BRAS anymore and god knows I need them more than I need to know how late I am all the time.

I used to love watches on anywhere but my wrist... on necklaces, on pins, in a pocket... but then I got totally "woo-woo" and L.A. on myself -- at a feng shui class I took the guy said it wasn't good to have an electrical/magnetic current directly on your body like that... and I've finally found the excuse to never wear a watch again. Or a cell phone. But I'll still microwave my food -- what's up with that? I guess as long as I don't have to wear it...

I'm going now... just ate too much Rocky Road ice cream.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Miss Demon Seed said...

Madly, I just had the funniest picture of you in my head. You were wearing a microwave around your neck on a peice of rope. Bwhahahahahahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com