Thursday, February 17, 2005
in honor of seven's post

my blog design guru seven at http://spotsy.blogspot.com/ has posted some of his favorite things to hear a woman say... i was thinking this morning about my favorite things to hear a man say.

wrote a list about it, like to hear it - here it go....

( this first one is stolen di-rectly from Jill Conner Browne )

1. honey, let ME do that.
2. no, tonight it's MY turn to fix dinner
3. i noticed it was time for an oil change, so i went ahead and did it for you
4. thanks babe.
5. what do you want to watch?
6. i'm gonna go ahead a mow the yard while you're ( doing other chore )
7. i'm going to be by there anyway, so i'll go ahead and pick up the dry cleaning
8. i'm really glad you're with me.
9. we've both worked all day, and we're both tired - let's order take out
10.ladies first ... ( wink wink, nudge nudge )
11.let's just cuddle ( trust me, do this for a while - and it WILL get you laid)
12.i told my mom we were doing the holiday with your family this year
13.coffee is ready
14.let's go for a drive - just me and you.
15.i noticed we were almost out of ( eggs, milk, whatever ) and i put it on the LIST...or even better, i stopped and got some...or EVEN better .... he (calls you before) says - i'm going to the store - is there anything else we need/want?
16. you look lovely


and i'm sure i'll think of more - and y'all will think of even better ones ....

posted by Allie @ 2/17/2005 08:36:00 AM
|

9 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Champagnelady59 said...

Yes dear

I love you (and mean it)

You are so special to me

Just hold me (and not meaning it to lead up to anything else)

You don't have to work if you don't want to. I'll support you.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Senior Thinking said...

ok, here goes...

Why the flowers, just because I love you

Hey don't put that dirty dish in the dishwasher, I just ran, here let me empty it so we can keep the kitchen clean

Where do you want to put your clean, folded laundry

Now if that wasn't good enough, I am willing to try that again in a few minutes

which massage oil do you want again?

yeah, it's dead and it is properly disposed of

I like running my fingers through your hair, it calms you and it reminds me why I am here.

Ok but only if you want to.

yeah a drive would be nice, I have this place we can go towards and they are expecting us in about 2 hours.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Allie#3ga said...

I like running my fingers through your hair, it calms you and it reminds me why I am here.


WOW

that's the best thing i've ever heard in my ENTIRE life ....

WOW

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Senior Thinking said...

thanks for your post. I actually said that comment about the hair last night. Only said it a few times. She was feeling less than optimal and I spent maybe 5 minutes running my hand through her hair.

She smiled and went off to dream land.

If you find someone who will comb your hair with their hand until you cannot possible be awake or more happy, capture them, put them in a cage, feed them what they need and use them.

It is a fair trade over time.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Senior Thinking said...

OK, I'll be real, I meant the first post. It is all any of us want from time to time. no?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Champagnelady59 said...

Senior Thinking....that was wonderful.....you don't happen to have a brother do you???

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Senior Thinking said...

I do, he is married and pardon the modesty, I am the better catch

But no, we are all attached.

But that is all I was ever informed of, so keep searching ;-)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger se7en said...

aww those were sweet! and i can't say i've ever said any of them LOL j/k of course, I am ! !

actually I, myveryownself have been heard to say each and every one at some time or other! amazing huh!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Romantical lines from my own life:

"Would you like to biggie size that for 39 cents?"

"Yes. Yes, the milk has gone bad."

"Honey! I'm out of paper!"

"What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs, it makes a slinkity sound? A spring! A spring! A marvelous thing! Everyone knows it's ..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com