Tuesday, February 15, 2005
2 2 2 in one day, like 4 seasons in one day - but it's not

So I again was looking at someone else’s blog and she had a really interesting list ( and we know how I love the list) but it’s a list of “goosebump moments” I take that to mean things that touch me ( in the good way – but not ‘necessarily’ the naughty way ) and I thought I’d like to share mine … in a way of working out of the pity party from yesterday.

These are in no particular order – and are ones I can think of at this moment in time…

• when I went to a play a couple of summers ago and my youngest goddaughter was there and saw me first and yelled out HOORAY, IT’S AL-SON.
• Last weekend when I sat in the same room with my best girlfriends
• When at the end of a church service and all the kids hold hands and sing the line ” let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me”
• The hymn “finlandia”
Finlandia.
This is my song, O God of all the nations
A song of peace for lands afar and mine
This is my home, the country where my heart is
Here are my hopes and dreams, my holy shrine
But other hearts in other lands are beating
With hopes and dreams as true and high as mine.
My country's skies are bluer than the ocean
And sunlight beams on clover leaf and pine
But other lands have sunlight, too, and clover
And skies are everywhere as blue as mine
O hear my song, thou God of all the nations
A song of peace for their land and for mine.
• The acceptance letter in to college …. And when I got my degree
• Seeing Dorothy break a board in tae kwon doe after being born with club feet and having leg casts, surgery – all that stuff…really really cool to see
• Fireworks – anytime…I love them
• When someone GOOD sings “I dreamed a dream” from les mis
• President clinton’s 1992 inaguration speech
• When I was in the mountains and came upon a prayer wheel
• The first time I saw tibetian throat singers
• The first night I spent alone in my first apartment … and the first night I spent alone after I bought my house
• Having the “cheating spoon” kiss my bare shoulder
• When you’re talking to “that boy” and he pushes the hair out of your eyes, off your forhead
• When that ray charles/harry connick jr/ elvis song plays
• Sunsets over the ocean
• The display of flags they had at Kennesaw mountain at the September 11th memorial
• Getting up to watch Lady Di’s wedding … and funeral
• Having my hair played with
• When a baby reaches out to me


And a million more I’m too sappy to mention out loud right now – or that I just want to keep them to me.

posted by Allie @ 2/15/2005 02:30:00 PM
|

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

Watching Lady Di get married and watching the coverage for over a week of her tragic death. I shall never forget either moments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com