Tuesday, January 11, 2005
so, here we are at tuesday

this has already been a weird week.

i had yesterday off - and had to face the music on some stuff that i've been hiding from - and that my friends sucks.

and then this morning - i'm all cuddled up in the bed - go to turn over and do that eye opening on the turn thing ... and realize - oh fuck. it's light out. it shouldn't be light out at 5:45 ..... and it's not.

but it IS light out at 8:15 - FUCK ME

then i had something else come up that i needed to take care of ... so here we are .... a day off. an unplanned day off - and i think i'll be heading to the office on saturday to do some catch up work .... but hey, i gotta do what i gotta do.

That being said... i was talking with my mom this weekend while she was helping me do some stuff in the house, and i said that i thought it would be the biggest luxury in the world to have a cleaning service. I know lots of people have them, but oh my God. I can't even imagine how great that would be. I really am a big fan of the clean house - and have really strong Martha Stewart tendancies myownself ... i love cooking, and decorating, and some gardening...and all that stuff. I just can't get worked up over cleaning. Now i love the smell of Pine Sol as much as the next girl - and a clean house does put a hitch in my giddieup .. but i don't wanna be the one to do it.

is that wrong?

anyhow, i'm fixin' to go down to the car and dig out some cd's to clean along to. Disco is the preferred music to clean to in this house ...show tunes will do, new wave music of the 80's is always a crowd favorite, as well as moments of really loud really bad heavy metal ... for the big scrubbing items ... but i think it's gonna be a mostly disco morning... and that's not too shabby.

what's your favorite cleaning music - cause we all know i'm gonna steal the songs and ask #3ky to make a cd for me.....


posted by Allie @ 1/11/2005 10:43:00 AM
|

12 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

Bonnie Raitt is my cleaning music of choice!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

Bonnie Raitt is my cleaning music of choice!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

THUNDERSTRUCK by ac/dc

the end.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Miss Demon Seed said...

Kid Rock! Hand down! I'm a cowboy baybee!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger se7en said...

hi hi hot stuff ya know i luvs me some bitchcakes!!

my fav would be most anythin by Godsmack at ear smokin' volume levels of course!

one
junk
cowboy
seven

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Ok don't tell anyone, closer, closer, ok, back when I was laid up and in a wheelchair, Dearest decided we needed a cleaning lady. I'm all healed up now, but she still comes ever other week. I swear it's the greatest luxury that I've ever been afforded. If you can swing it, I say get one! Now you know one of my dirty little secrets.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger evilsciencechick said...

I hate cleaning, too. I put it off for as long as possible.

I like musical soundtracks for cleaning. Then I can sort of sing and dance around while I'm vacuuming or dusting. Makes me feel like the star in my very own cinderella story.

Yeah, i'm weird like that.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Reama said...

Anything that I can shake my ass to while I'm cleaning fits. Dixie Chicks, Usher, 80's rock, just about anything will do it...

I think the key is to get my mind on something besides cleaning so that I'm not dwelling on how much I hate it. Haha
-Reama

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Amy S. Petrik said...

When I clean I listen to:
DAZED & CONFUSED soundtrack really loud.
REALITY BITES soundtrack really loud.
TINA TURNER really loud.
PURE DISCO really loud.
and
PURE FUNK really loud.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

For me, if it's not disco it's spanish/classical guitar. I can't hear it over the vacuum anyway and I loves to vacuum.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear #3,
i know #4 designed this layout for you and your blog, but the comments section gets all wonky. and i cant read all the funny stuff people have to say about you. is there a way it can be fixed?

signed,
#3

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger alice, uptown said...

My favorite "cleaning music" is whatever my housekeeper/ maid/cleaning woman wants to listen to. Anything she can clean, she can do if not better, certainly on a more regular basis than I would. Besides, my mother was a Southern Lady, before crossing the Mason-Dixon line for good, back in the 1950s, and we are equally domestically challenged. What I learned as a child was not how to scrub toilets or iron but "how to keep the help happy." Now, there's a lesson that, no matter how un-PC, is one applicable for many parts of my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com