Monday, December 06, 2004
all in all, a pretty darn good weekend.

this is going to be one of those detailed play by play entries... or at least it's going to start that way ( but then knowing me - it will fall into general terms and end abruptly - but i'm honest with it at least, and that has to count for something right?)

so friday night i babysat my goddaughters ... they are 4 and 8 years old ... and SO damn cute. the older one D had a tae kwan do test - so i went to pick them up and got to see her test ... wait i'm getting ahead of myself...i get to the tae kwan do center and open the door - and the 4 year old "L" RUNS to me - throws her arms around my legs and says " they said you were coming here, i'm so happy" TRY TO TOP THAT PEOPLE!! Then I went in to watch D and her classmates test (sidebar - the instructor is hot in that really good with kids way that us singletons in our 30's find so sexy) so i'm sitting on the floor and L is in my lap - she cannot get close enough to me - pulling my arms around her - hugging me - all of that ....again, not too shabby. So after the test ... we get the carseat loaded up in my car - kids seatbelted up ... and i say - so what's for dinner ... to which the older one pipes up "ravioli" so i ask - where do you wanna get that ... she asks .." are we going out" me - DUH. and they both yell "CHINESE" ... so off to dinner.

these kids were PERFECT at dinner - we laughed, told stories, talked about school, talked about christmas .... was great ...

loaded back in the car - and we're off to swing by my house to let the dog out - and take him back up to their house with us ... so while we're in the car - sitting in the parking lot trying to make a left .... i repeat tinyhands story ( located at http://www.tinyhands.blogspot.com ) ( if that link is cranky go to the link on the sidebar - his blog is called "as told to (your name here) about his teacher saying "this is what you don't do....and followed of course by this is what you DO do" ... ok the doo doo joke was a hit. the older one almost wet her pants laughing. she was doing that unabashed laugh at the top of her lungs of pure joy. i wish i had taped it so i could listen to that when i'm feeling blue. Then a few moments would pass and you'd hear her mumble "doo doo" in the back seat and start laughing again. Again, i dare you to try and top that.

ok, we go by my house - i change into comfy non work clothes, grab up the dog, load up the car and we hit the road ... and are On The Road Again.... which they know from 9 gabillion road trips with me and their mom - we sing like this "on the road again, lalalalalalala road again, lalalalalala, road again, lalalalalalala road again - on the road again ( sung ala The Kathy and Mo show { you look very very pretty tonight } ) if you're familiar. the the joke telling starts - with my personal favorite " if you're an american when you go in the bathroom and you're an american when you come out of the bathroom, what are you when you're IN the bathroon - you're a peein' ( damnit people, that's funny) then a quick lesson on how "the classics never die" which i made them repeat ala church service. so we discuss the plans for the rest of the evening - and i ask - what y'all wanna do ? D asks if we can watch a movie - me... sure. she says - but it's already late ( 8:30) and we're not home yet - and our bed time is soon. to which my response is ( naturally ) momma ain't here ... you know my rules are different. So this was my suggestion. As soon as we get home - go put on your pj - grab a pillow and a blanket - we'll open up the sofa bed and watch a movie - if you fall asleep while it's on - you can stay there - and if not - just go to bed when it's over.

so we got home - they changed - i popped popcorn, got chocolate milk all around... and we all piled up in the bed for Shrek 2 .... ok - if you thought it couldn't get any cuter - you were wrong ... it was the cutest thing possible - my uterus is still begging for children from the cuteness of it all.

then best of all things happen - their mom and dad came home - snuck some money in my purse for gas $ and the dog and i went home all alone. yay yay yay.


saturday, mom and i went christmas and allison shopping. then to lunch ... then i did a little shopping myown self - i was supposed to see johnny #5 this weekend - but a family crisis happened - so no go on that one .. but that's ok ..... so mike and i went and looked at christmas lights and watched crap on tv....and ate ice cream with magic shell. and my friend from japan called me ... but missed me-and i'm not returning that call.. :)

so sunday - some sleeping in ... skipping church... had a little headache action - so wasn't feeling 100% .. but did manage to go to walgreen in my pj's to pick up a few things ... and back home to sofa surf... the main accomplishment of the day was the coloring of the hair.

all in all - not too shabby ... even if the story did get weak at the end ....

but

oh oh oh ... i should have a good story next monday too - C's mom had invited me to go with them and about 15 other people in a rented limo to go look at the lights in gainesville ga - THE TO THE ELVIS IMPERSONATOR .... and child, that is FUN. so if i "know" you- expect a drunk phone call ... and if i don't have your number - expect a hungover post.

posted by Allie @ 12/06/2004 10:34:00 AM
|

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Miss Demon Seed said...

Sounds pretty close to perfect. Ya gotta love a good weekend. Kinda makes the havin' to work thing not suck so much.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Katy said...

I'm so jealous. Lately I have to schedule a stress free weekend.
Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com