Wednesday, December 22, 2004
mini rant - then on to the fun.

why is it that the people who claim to be so wise and have all the answers have such a fucked up life? i know of one person who speaks on what friends do and don't do ... and yet she has no "long term" friends .... who has the answer for everything ... and yet her life is fucked up ... it just makes me wonder. who talks about people in 'groups' or but then she is in one herself .... does the bitterness happen when someone thinks you can't live without them, when the reality is you didn't want them in your life in the first place and the fact that they're not there causes you NOTHING but bliss?? when you're so sure that you're so fucking right all the time that you use words as weapons that go off without notice or aim? just curious?

I know my life has it's own challenges and struggles - but i never claimed to have all the answers. I have some answers ... and as i've said before - i can form an opinion like THAT ... but then i don't force that opinion on everyone else .... ok- i'm done now. i think.


**************************************************************


I was going to do this whole "year in review" thing this morning - but then i realized that i'm just not feeling that introspective quite yet - and i'm still in the market for some funny so i have to think up something different. I usually check my home email account before i leave for work in the morning and when i first pull up the internet - the home page has the days news and "interesting" facts.

Today's interesting fact included the results of an "expirament" that someone did and published a book on ..... about the corealation between what breed of dog a man owns and how that person would be as a spouse ... i shit you not.

Now, I tend to think that anyone with a dog is good people in my book ( and this is assuming that they treat their dogs well - cause if they don't , i will find out and i will kill them...it's only a matter of when) I personally am a fan of the big dog. My dog is a rescue dog - a mix of Black Lab and Chow. He's about 80 pounds and 3 years old - and just damn perfect for me. I'm a fan of pretty much all dogs- but like most things - the bigger the better for me ... (shut up)

There's a man who lives in my neighborhood who is a BIG man - like 6'5" and 300+ and i see him every night when i'm walking my dog ... and he has a wee teeny dog. like a toy poodle. and it makes me laugh everytime. It just doesn't seem to match up .....

but back to my point. ( and i do have one - shut up) i think you can tell a lot about a man that has an animal - there's a certain responsibility needed to take care of a pet ... and by pet. I mean dog.

I'm allergic to cats. I think they're cute and all - but looking at one makes me sneeze. That plus getting the cat bite this summer and the infection and all of that ...yea, not such a fan. I think birds should be outside. I get that they are beautiful and all of that - but for some reason having them in the house - freaks the crap outta me.

Let me say this so you can hear me. SNAKES ARE NOT PETS. and chicago mary - RATS ARE NOT PETS. ... i don't care that your child has some pedigree rat that she got at some fancypants animal show - RATS ARE NOT PETS. i will not/can not/won't come visit you until the rat is gone. and i'm not comfortable with YOU in a house where there is a known rat. Giving it a cute name and buying it toys does not make it any less of a rat.

Lauren - don't read this next bit....

I can tolerate fish as a pet - i have no problem with that ...

But i still say - a man with a dog. This is a good thing.

posted by Allie @ 12/22/2004 08:34:00 AM
|

6 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

mental note:

buy my husband a big cute dog to make allie come visit more.


got it.




oh, and i'm numma one.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Allie said...

mary - i guess i should feel bad since i know your daughter loved the rat. but it's a rat. not a pet.

dogs good.
rats bad.

and yes, i know the names of the dogs in the neighborhood - the people - not so much

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger se7en said...

Dear sweet Bitchcakes!

i also hate peeps like that.

i'm a dog and i love dogs.

i'm a big dog and i love big dogs.

can i bite you on your __________? (please fill in the blank)

i can hardly contain myself waiting for your inevitable reply!

aawwooo! er i mean bark bark, woof woof *panting* *sniffing* *more panting*

p.s. check the pic of my dogs in my photo blog!

your cajun punk cowboy seven

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

Seven, you're making me hot. Quit that.

And I'd like to know what it means about me that I had Pitbulls! Big, scary, brindled, muscle-y Pitbulls!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Allie said...

seven - a bite or a nibble?

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Didi said...

I have a cat but that's because I don't have a yard and I'm not home most of the day. Just would not work with a dog...

But I am DYING to have one of those little yippy dogs that I can rassle into a little dog sweater (that's the only reason God gave us little yippy dogs). And, I will call her Periwinkle and take her everywhere I go in my purse. I heart purse dogs! I want to be one of those obnoxious rich bitches you see who take their dogs everywhere even if there are signs up saying no dogs allowed. Huh, there's a life goal for ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com