Wednesday, February 02, 2005
if you're looking for funny, keep looking ...

I so wanna have something to rant about today – but I’m not feeling ranty.
Or something to be really funny and silly about – but I’m not finding the funny.


I am really happy.
That “yay” for me happy.

like when you turn on the radio and some random station is playing a song you LOVE and haven't heard in like 10 years ... and raining or not you have to roll down the windows and sing along .... then you realize that the rain on your face feels really good.

This is that day.

Mary comes to town tomorrow, and the rest of the girls … well women… grown ass women … show up on Friday. I’m going to laugh and laugh until I am in pain … and then laugh some more.

I hope that all of you have a friend or group of friends like that. Ones that feed your soul…and your mouth …. Friends with food- does it get better than that?

No.

But this is a close second – I was talking to my high school friend this week.. and he and I have both been busy and let a few days pass between emails … so I threatened to call out his entire name … and recommended that he get his “wee ass” back to GA so we could catch up over a beer…..after some ass / crack jokes … I was informed on the status of his body which included the following line.

“Don't worry, I've still got the legs and thighs and butt of a soccer player. And the upper body of a weak out of a shape person. Oh, and I can't forget: The midsection of a God-like Lover.”

This is the boy I was too chicken shit to go for in high school and some college … what a pus I was .. cause damnit that’s funny.

So today I have no rant, only this silly smile on my face when I think of the friends I have, the girls that I’d sell my lungs for, the boys who I have sweet memories of, and the friends I have on this hear new fangled machine …

Oh and thankful for “Crowded House” I love that damn band,

posted by Allie @ 2/02/2005 10:21:00 AM
|

14 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There’s a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you’ll never see the end of the road
While you’re travelling with me

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

Mine goes like this:

A Salvation Army band played
And the children drank lemonade
And the morning lasted all day,
All day
And through an open window came
Like Sinatra in a younger day,
Pushing the town away
Ahhhhh

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Allie said...

as tasty - you know i love you more than chocolate covered chocolate - but that's not crowded house ... it's damn good though.... i dug out their cd's a week or so ago and put them in the car - but hadn't played them yet -then heard a song from the distant sun cd... i think that's the one ... and it made me happy! ( unless of course that was just your song that makes you happy - then of course it's the right song to list! )

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Allie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Allie said...

the dream academy

damn. i knew if i thought about it long enough i'd come up with the name of the band.

yay me.

no google necessary.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

Yep, yep, that was just one that makes me happy. And I'm totally impressed that you remembered Dream Academy! I'm not sure I even remembered that and it's my happy-song! :-)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

how weird. i threw in a mix cd earlier while i was packing and stopped to take a break and while i was reading about happy songs... MINE came on the CD.


We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

its F-A-I-T

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

F-A-I-T

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

F-A-I-T, for sure.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

F-A-I-T, I tell you.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Miss Demon Seed said...

You blog has been evil and has not let me post a comment for daaaaaaaaaays. Just want to say, Tasty's happy song always reminds me of King of the Hill. The one where Luann's boyfriend died. I love that song.

I hope y'all have one hell of a weekend.

P.S. Everybody should be so lucky as to have friends like we do!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Allie said...

i sho do love me some F-A-I-T.

i even likeded it, although i often wonder what does it does.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Go for him now! Seize the day woman!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger christelpistol said...

wow. way to include ALL of my colloquialisms!



and have i actually told the story of F-A-I-T?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com