Tuesday, March 15, 2005
WE WERE ON A BREAK!

So I guess in this blog – I’m ross … cheating the first day.

But I have a little hankering to write … the first thing I want to say is that if you haven’t read mike’s entry from yesterday, go do it. And if it doesn’t make you think – you’re dead inside and I feel sorry for you.

That being said – I think I was feeling a little sorry for my own self yesterday. I’m going thru a patch of lonely and if not disappointed … no it’s disappointed in a few people – but what’s really cool is sometimes when I feel that way the most – the universe sends me just what I need – just when I need it. Yesterday’s came in the form of an e-mail – and where I’m going to spare you and not post the whole thing – I did print it up and have it hanging in my cube farm … here is some of what it had to say ..

There are people who can walk away from you. And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk.
I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you.
I mean hang up the phone. When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.
People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them go. And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over.
And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead.
You've got to know when it's over. Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. It's the tenth spiritual gift, I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it. Stop begging people to stay. Let them go!!!

I liked that – it worked for me and said what I needed to hear at that moment ….not that everything is all skippy now. but at least it's not jiff. ( insert chuckle here )

Ok – on to other things …

First of all – I was driving to work this morning and there was another amber alert …
PEOPLE QUIT STEALING FUCKING KIDS…. DAMNIT.

And for a fun Friday – work a couple of blocks from the courthouse when someone has gone insane and decided to shoot a judge and a deputy or two … and a court reporter, and a customs agent, and pistol whip a person or two on the way … can you say lockdown ….
And then on Monday have all the people talk about how “hot” the suspect was … and when I ask them to reconsider finding the rapist/murderer/felon hot … I am informed that I simply “have never had any ghetto thug lovin

I can’t argue that.

posted by Allie @ 3/15/2005 08:33:00 AM
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta-ish, Georgia, United States

*Rockstar *Hairbanger *Queen

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com